Sunday, December 12, 2010

One Drink, Two Drink

One drink, two drink.
Red drink, dark drink.

I can't drink anymore.
The beer makes me full.
Please finish my beer
for me tonight.

Conversation and laughter,
a myriad of tangents.
The alcohol opens pores.
It cleanses the palate.

Tall drink, short drink.
Old drink, new drink.

It's loud here but not too loud,
I can still understand you.
I believe my eyesight is going,
I can't read the beer menu.

I frequent the bathroom.
The music here reminds me
of the oldies station I listened to
growing up in a small town.

"From there to here,
from here to there,
funny things
are everywhere."

I might puke if I have another.


Creative Commons License
This work by Scott Stewart is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment